Pages

Tuesday 22 June 2021

Skittle Colours 🍬🌈

Hello everyone this week in science, chemistry we have been experimenting with sweets. Here is what experiment we are trying to do.

 Aim:

I want to find out what happens when put skittle in water.

Method:
    
    Equipment
  • Petri Dish
  • Skittles
  • Warm water
  • Beaker
Instructions
  1. Get all required equipment
  2. spread out your skittles around the edge
  3. Gently, pour the warm water into the center of the petri dish.
  4. Observe the next results of what happens.
Results:


Discussion:
Why did the colours leave the skittles?
The hard sugar coat around the skittles dissolves faster when on warm water. 
The colouring in the sugar drags around the hot water and makes the colorful mixture.

Why did the colours not mix?
Each skittle has different kind of flavours which is  density meaning that one colour can't mix because of their differences of how much density it has so some colours are in different levels of the water. 

Thank you for reading this blog post.
Always welcome to comment.
Have you ever done an experiment like this?







No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.