Pages

Thursday 10 June 2021

Learning about Field hockey🏑

 Hello everyone this week in pe we have been learning about hockey. We talked about the basic skills of hockey and safety rules. Hockey has two different types. Ice hockey and field hockey we are currently learning field hockey.

Hockey is basically a sport that involves having a stick and a ball. Hockey has a special kind of stick it's not a stick that you pluck from a tree. It has a curved side and a flat side. Some of the basic rules includes, hitting the ball with the flat side and pushing the ball not hitting. Your hockey should also not go over your shoulders, it is not golf and you shouldn't swing the hockey stick.

Some of the skill that I learnt while learning hockey is, passing, dribbling and goaling. A simple rule for the defenders is there are not allowed to pass a specific line. A while ago I also learnt some of the positions for hockey. There is middle attack, left wing, right wing, left defence, right defence and goalie.  


Here is an example:


Thank you for reading this blog post.
Have you ever play field hockey before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.