Pages

Friday 17 May 2019

Making Canopic jars! 😀

We have been making Canopic jars for our Ancient Egypt topic. Canopic jars are jars where you put internal organs of a mummification. Those organs are lungs, stomach, intestines and liver but we didn't really put these thing inside our canopic jars. We made the canopic jars a paper mache. We used scrap paper and news paper to make it. There were 4 different canopic jars. There was a jackal, a falcon, the person and a baboon. They have different heads. Each canopic jar protects each organ that they took out of a mummification. We were able to choose which canopic jars we would made. I decided to make a jackal since it was easy for me. Also our classroom has been working with Room 8 in our school. It has been fun working with them.

Here are some photos:



Thanks for reading this blog post.
Always welcome to comment or give feedback.

3 comments:

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.