Pages

Thursday 27 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Day 4 Activity 2

Favourite food.
 My favourite food is especially a Filipino food. Its Turon. You might not know what Torun is but it looks like this.


So that is my favourite food.

How to Make it:
you will need:
sliced plantain bananas
2 cups brown sugar
cooking oil
spring roll



Place a spring roll wrapper in front of you, then place a banana slice on the wrapper ⅔ of the way down. First, fold from the bottom up. We want to wrap it tight. (half way up.) Next, fold the sides in and continue to roll up. Use some water to moisten the top inch before rolling it up completely. Once you’ve rolled all the banana slices, dust the rolls with the remaining brown sugar. This will give it a light glaze and a bigger crunch. Once you’ve rolled all the banana slices, dust the rolls with the remaining brown sugar. This will give it a light glaze and a bigger crunch. if you want to eat it right away with it ht it is your choice. you can cool it down. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello again Venice,

    I am so glad that you decided to tell us about your favourite Filipino snack named Turon! I actually have a Filipino friend who made this for me once and it was absolutely delicious. We also added chocolate syrup and icing sugar on top. I could not stop eating these! I've forgotten the name for this dish but thank you for mentioning this on your blog. I might as well try making this again myself :)

    Do you also like ube shakes? I know that Filipinos often use this ingredient for their yummy dishes. I would have never imagined that purple yum tastes so delicious in desserts.

    From Susie

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.