Pages

Wednesday 7 July 2021

Measuring Mentos ad Coke 🌋 🥤

HEllo everyone.

This week in Science, Chemistry we are trying to experiment with coke and mentos. Here is what we are working on.

Aim: I want to find out how many bubble are made when mentos is dropped in coke.

Method:
    Equipment: 
  • Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite
  • Mentos
  • Measuring cylinder, 100 ml & 10 ml
  • Small beaker
  • Safety Glasses
  • Liquid Soap/Detergent
Instructions:
  1. Get all required equipments.
  2. Wear safety glasses
  3. Pour 20 ml of coke into the 100ml measuring cylinder.
  4. Add 5 ml of the detergent in to the 100 ml measuring cylinder with the coke.
  5. Add the mentos.
  6. Wait for the fizz to happen.
  7. Measure the height of where the bubbles end up.
Results:
CokeCoke ZeroSprite
Height of bubbles45 mL35 mL40 mL

Conclusion

I found out that if you add detergent to the mentos and coke experiment the bubbles stay on its same place.
I also found out that the sprite is more effective than coke and coke zero even though coke was the highest because we didn't add the equal amount of each fizzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.